The Nintendo Switch excels as a local multiplayer system, with many great co-op games across a variety of genres. We can add volleyball to that list, because Volley Pals is now available on Switch. This one supports up to 4-player local co-op, custom arenas, and lots of family-friendly, cartoon-style sports hijinks. The only things the Switch game will be missing are the Xbox and Steam versions' easy Achievements.
Volley Pals is an arcade-style volleyball game which throws unique mechanics like invading the opponent’s side of the court, increasing the height of the net, playing rock/paper/scissors, and more into the mix. With ten wildly distinct courts (one of which allows for deeply customizable rules) and super simple gameplay, Volley Pals makes for a great party game. It could use a story or tournament mode, though - see our co-op review for more details.
- Modern arcade-style action
- Play against up to 4-player local multiplayer or AI
- Various crazy levels with different themes and mechanics
- A special level dedicated to customizing your own rules and preferences with a wide range of options
- Original and cute characters to choose from
- Stylish 2D cartoon graphics